Speed Reading – Incompany – English
A method to read quickly and carefully in 6 steps from screens and paper
The result of this masterclass will be a measurable increase in concentration, memory and processing speed of complex information.
That you dispose of a system which allows you to rapidly process information in order for you as an attorney, lawyer, judge, consultant, interim manager, civil servant, scientist or knowledge worker to read more effectively while preserving your understanding.
And that you eliminate the following speed limiters:
- Low concentration
- No method to memorize rapidly
- Pronouncing words in your head
In my method speed is not a goal but a logical consequence of the elimination of speed limiters.
In general, we think ten times as fast as we read. That makes that we are easily distracted when reading at a slow pace.
Speed reading is a very natural way of reading, which uses more of the brain’s overcapacity.
What would that mean to you?
How would you like it to be helped by me to
- eliminate the speed limiters in your brain
- read very rapidly from screens and paper
- quickly summarize complex information
- quickly grasp the essence from large dossiers and textbooks
- transform your iPad, tablet, smartphone, mac or pc into a speed reading tool
“In the last 23 years René has trained more than 1.250 organizations and 44.000 participants”
Who is the trainer?
René has trained almost every law firm in the Netherlands, consultancy offices like McKinsey, more than 100 local governments, automatization businesses and more than 5.000 students to speed read and to memorize quickly.
- European Commission
- Island councils at Aruba, Bonaire and Sint Maarten
- Entrepreneurial councils
- Direction and management teams
- Boards of management
- Consultancy businesses
- And as online masterclass to more than 1.600 participants among whom a lot of entrepreneurs, interim managers, coaches, lawyers, solicitors, consultants and trainers.
Become a Master in Speed Reading in 6 steps
- Concentration techniques that increase your understanding speed
- Link between speed, concentration and understanding
- Eliminating the first speed limiter.
2. Remembering and mind mapping
- Maximise your short term memory
- Activate your long-term memory so you memorize better
- Digital mind mapping makes summarizing go 50% quicker
3. Eliminating speed limiters
- Stopping and re-reading
- Mind mapping too elaborately
- Subvocalizing (saying words out loud in your head) makes you read in a slower pace
4. Photographic reading
- Increase speed while maintaining the understanding
- Activate your photographic abilities and memorize better
- Reading in word groups makes you understand quicker
5. Speed reading from a screen
- Photographic reading from a screen so that you don’t miss any information
- Speed reading software in order to use technology to read even faster
- Turn your iPad, tablet or smartphone into a speed reading tool
6. Grasping the essence
- Only read essential information so you can stop when your reading goal is achieved
- Prioritizing information
- Ways to scan while reading so that you easily find information
I always used to put it away, that book by Covey
“I thought it was interesting, but I could not make it through. After the training I finished it in 1,5 weeks, got many insights and made a … mind map. My intention was to read on Monday mornings, but I liked it so much that I do it a lot more often. Makes me very happy.”
Klaartje Lee-Stemerdink, the expert in questionnaires
My life has not been the same a year after the masterclass speed reading
“My life has not been the same a year after the masterclass speed reading. My reading speed went up from almost 60 words per minute to 438 words per minute.”
Joris Noordzij – Global Transport planner Invista
I remembered things much more quickly
“I started Rene Hogenes’ masterclass Speed Reading because I had to cancel my studies in international business at the University of Maastricht. This was due to the fact that I faced difficulties reading all the literature because of my ADHD. The masterclass speed reading was really effective, which made me read and remember more quickly.”
My concentration levels increased tremendously
“My concentration levels increased tremendously and that has an additional value on all levels of my life. Shortly after I finished the masterclass speed reading I did two additional studies at the University of Applied Sciences and received a promotion from my boss. At the moment I am working as a global transport planner. I am looking forward to finding out what the future holds!”
An advantage in knowledge
“Joris is a wonderful example of how your life changes when you know how to speed read. The difference between people who are famous and you, is an enormous advantage in their knowledge. Speakers like Richard Branson (who has dyslexia!) and Tony Robbins read a hundred books a year. And you can do that as well. Easily. By reading for 30 minutes each day at a pace you can barely image now.”